Since then, its great flexibility and support for entrepreneurs have made it one of the leading platforms for fundraising. The platform has supported over 800,000 creative projects through its platform and boasts over 9 million active backers from over 235 countries and territories.
The Indiegogo fees are surprisingly minimal, which is perhaps another reason why it's so popular for crowdfunding. But, of course, there are many other things that set the platform apart from others, including:
- The platform doesn't charge fees for not-for-profit campaigns
- It offers a variety of crowdfunding services to suit any project.
- You can choose all-or-nothing or keep-it-all funding options.
- You can launch campaigns for any type of project (though retail ventures are the most popular).
- It provides great customer support.
- It doesn't pre-screen campaigns before launching them, unlike certain other platforms.
Essentially, the platform allows users to set up a campaign page to tell their story, introduce their project to potential backers, and then solicit donations from these potential backers. The end game is to raise enough money to fund their projects and ideas. So here's what you need to know.
InDemand is an exclusive and, we'd say very useful - service offered on the Indiegogo crowdfunding platform. It makes it possible for you to continue raising money for your project for an indefinite period after you've finished your initial campaign. It doesn't matter whether you run your initial campaign on Indiegogo or another crowdfunding platform - either way, you can use InDemand and not have to set any fixed fundraising goals.